Read the: complete article
What Is The Best Diet For PCOS?
A balanced diet using whole foods which stabilize your blood sugar levels is the key. Banishing sugary food is especially important. Foods containing too much sugar cause rapid spikes in your blood sugar levels, placing unnecessary stress on your body. Over time this leads to the development of insulin resistance syndrome.
Insulin Resistance Syndrome is condition marked by poor blood sugar control and weight gain. Insulin resistance is usually an underlying problem in women suffering PCOS, even when they are not overweight.
When the body is insulin resistant, it simply does not remember how to use carbohydrates for energy. It can only store them as fat. The Natural PCOS Diet describes in outstanding detail the most appropriate diet for PCOS.
Here are a few basic tips:
- Balance low GI carbohydrates with adequate protein
- Include phytoestrogens in your diet
- Buy organic foods whenever possible
- Reduce your intake of saturated fats
- Limit or avoid dairy
- Drink two litres of filtered water daily
- Avoid additivesAvoid additives, preservatives and food chemicals such as artificial sweeteners
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in foods
- Include essential fatty acids in your diet