complete article at: Natural Newage Mum
- Raw grass fed organic bones
- Chicken: frames, thigh bones & 2 wings per frame, neck bones
- Beef/Lamb/Pork: marrow, meaty rib bones, any meaty bones that still have cartilage attached
- Up to 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks + tops
- Filtered water
- Salt & Pepper to taste. Optional herbs & spices ie: parsley & turmeric to be added at the end.
Place bones in the pot and cover with water. Add apple cider vinegar. Pre-soak bones for one hour minimum.
After the pre-soak add the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 8-12 hours, longer if you have the time to do so. It will give you a richer flavor.
Once time is up turn off the heat and allow the broth to rest in the pot to cool.
Remove bones with tongs and leave any meaty residue in the pot.
Now you have 2 options – strain everything and have a clear broth or blitz with a food processor and have a thicker more flavoursome soup style of broth.
You can also make broth in the slow cooker – use the low heat setting.